PARARI is Defence's biennial international Explosive Ordnance (EO) Safety Symposium with the overall aim of providing the opportunity for professional development, education and network building for EO safety experts and practitioners.
PARARI is hosted by the Directorate of Ordnance Safety and has been held biennially since 1993 and remains a pillar of communication and engagement for the EO community, both internal and external to Defence.
PARARI generally attracts over 350 delegates from the domestic and international EO community, including representatives of the Australian Defence Organisation, industry organisations, academia and other nations' defence forces. The next PARARI Symposium is scheduled for 8 – 10 November 2022 and will be held at the National Convention Centre Canberra, Australia.
The symposium welcomes delegates from around the globe to discuss a broad range of explosives, munitions and weapons safety topics. The theme for this year is "Supporting Australian Manufacture".
Who should attend
PARARI 2022 is relevant to:
- Australian Defence Force EO Stakeholders
- Defence Science and Technology Group
- Defence and Non-defence industry
- Australian Federal Police
- Other Government Departments and Agencies
- Mining Sector
- International Governments, Militaries, Academia and Industries.
- Closing Date for Abstract Submissions - Tuesday 23 August 2022
- Early Bird Registration Closes - Wednesday 31 August 2022
- Standard Registrations Opens - Thursday 1 September 2022
- Offer of Acceptance for Abstracts - Friday 2 September 2022
- Standard Registration Closes - Wednesday 5 October 2022
- Late Registration Opens - Thursday 6 October 2022
- Registrations Close - Friday 4 November 2022