PARARI is now accepting submissions of abstracts for a range of presentation types: Technical Paper, Product Brief and Workshop.
The following timetable will apply:
- Abstract Submission due – Tuesday 2 August 2022
- Notification of Acceptance – Friday 2 September 2022
- Final Papers and Presentations due – Friday 14 October 2022
A Technical Paper (delivered in the parallel symposium sessions) covers a technical topic and/or issues associated with Explosive Ordnance Safety and / or Support to Australian Manufacture.
A Product Brief (delivered in the parallel symposium sessions) provides a brief on a commercial product or capability associated with Explosive Ordnance Safety and / or Support to Australian Manufacture. Product briefs are considered a form of sponsorship, the cost of which is outlined in the Conference Sponsorship and Exhibition Proposal.
A Workshop (delivered in the parallel symposium sessions) provides a non-commercial in- depth exploration of a concept related to Explosive Ordnance safety and / or Support to Australian Manufacture. It must include some form of audience participation/engagement.
Workshops should be as interactive as possible to ensure that participants are actively engaged in exploring the issues surrounding the topic.
- Novel energetic compositions or novel explosives manufacturing technologies and their application in safe munitions
- Energetics research supporting explosives safety outcomes
- Recent advances in explosives safety technologies
- EO safety risk management and its relationship to operational decision making
- Understanding cumulative environmental exposure and effect through munitions Health Monitoring and surveillance
- Explosive Ordnance transportation and storage – domestically and on operations
- The role of Explosives Training, Education and research in achieving safety outcomes
- Explosives site safeguarding and encroachment
- Considering explosives safety during early capability decisions
- Application of traditional qualification to additively manufactured energetics
- Safely accelerating the rate of transition from emerging technology to final product ready suitable for manufacture
- Managing emerging technology disruption in an Explosives Research and Development environment
PARARI 2022 will be delivered in a hybrid format, combining an in-person experience with an online virtual component. You will have the opportunity to choose your presentation delivery method.
- Live Presentation
Presenters will present from the National Convention Centre Canberra and the presentation will be streamed live into the virtual platform for virtual attendees to view. The live presentation recording will be placed on demand for registered delegates to watch for up to four weeks after the symposium..
- Pre-recorded Presentation
Presenters will provide pre-recorded presentations that will be streamed during the presentation time on the virtual platform. The pre-recorded presentations will also be streamed live to screen at the National Convention Centre
Canberra. The recording will be placed on demand for registered delegates to watch for up to four weeks after the symposium.
- Operation of your presentation will be via a laptop computer and mouse at the speaker lectern. Data projectors with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution (16:9 aspect ratio) will project your images onto the screen. Audio-visual technicians will be available before and during all sessions should you have additional queries or require assistance during your presentation.
- The room will be set with a lectern and microphone, a laptop PC (Windows 10, Office 2016), set to one side of the lectern and operated by a mouse. The laptop sound will be connected to the PA system.
- We are unable to support Apple Mac computers, except by prior arrangement. Please note that other presentation materials/formats will NOT be available without prior arrangement.
- Please bring with you a copy of your presentation materials (PC format only) on memory stick or CD to be provided to the Audio-visual Engineer when you register. It is advisable for all presenters using PowerPoint to bring a backup of all files.
The presentation schedule will be promulgated late August 2022.
Submitting an an Abstract
Please have the following ready before submitting your abstract:
- contact details
- presentation type – Technical Brief, Product Brief or Workshop
- delivery model preference (live or pre-recorded)
- abstract – no more than 500 words
- biography and photo of presenter
Technical papers and product briefs are 30 minutes in duration, including introductions and questions. Double sessions can be requested. A workshop is also normally 60 minutes long, but could be extended to two hours if there is room in the program.
Please note: Presenters may receive a complimentary day registration for the day of their presentation. Attendance at the remaining days of the symposium will require paid registration for those days.
Please submit your Abstract by clicking on the below link: